A big part of why I wanted to start this blog was to have a place to write and learn about issues like racism, misogyny, transphobia, heterosexism, privilege, oppression, etc etc. And one of the things I have really appreciated about the past few years is having that space to share some of the important articles and resources I find about those issues. Because I am a white person, I will never be able to fully articulate and write about issues surrounding race and racism – for that, I’m particularly grateful for the amazing PoC writers and artists out there addressing these issues.
I feel like the title of this post is mildly misleading but I did want to spend some time rounding up some more links, articles, cartoons, and other resources about race that I might not have already used in previous posts:
- Your Local Public is Failing at Addressing Racism by Jon Greenberg
- Why We Can’t Just “Chill Out” About Racism by Alli Kirkham
- A Cartoonist Discusses Being Told to “Lighten Up” Some Characters
- Criminal Injustice: 5 Facts about Women of Color and the Prison Industrial Complex by Carmen Rios
- Black Girls Matter: Pushed Out, Over-policed, and Underprotected
- The Top Ten Lies That Keep Racism Alive
- Comic Relief: When People of Color Aren’t the Punchline by Rocio Isabel Prado
- Why Post Racial Worldviews are Just Racism in Disguise by Rebecca John
- The White Teachers I Wish I Never Had by Mia McKenzie
- Why Using the Dictionary Definition of Racism Just Doesn’t Work by Robot Hugs
- Why We Don’t Need #WhiteOutDay, White History Month, or the National Association for the Advancement of White People by Maisha Z Johnson
- On Ferguson Protests, the Destruction of Things, and What Violence Really Is (And Isn’t) By Mia McKenzie
- 7 Reasons Looking Past Color Contributes to Racism instead of Solves It by Jon Greenberg
For a transcript of the video, click here.