Protests Against Shell Oil Rig in Seattle
Over the past few days and weeks, protesters in and around Seattle and the Puget Sound have been protesting the Shell oil rig that will be sent up to the Arctic for drilling. Some of the protests have been on land but other parts of the protests have included activists chaining themselves to the rig and hundreds of self proclaimed ‘kayaktivists’, who have all taken to several different bays around the Puget Sound to protest the oil rig’s existence.
Some articles about the protests include:
- Second Shell protester leaves Arctic oil exploration ship in Washington State
- Seattle ‘Kayaktivists’ Protest Shell’s Arctic Drilling Endeavor
- Paddle in Seattle protesters gather against Shell oil rig
- Protesters rally in Seattle against Shell oil rig
- Hundreds of “Kayaktivists’ in Seattle Protest Shell’s Arctic Drilling
ShellNO.org has more information not only about the oil rig but about future kayaktivist training and protests.