What’s Happening in the Dominican Republic.
Things to know and articles to read about what’s currently happening in the Dominican Republic as far as the mass deportation of anyone and everyone even a little Haitian:
- 5 things to know about the ‘cleaning’ of Haitians from the Dominican Republic.
- Dominican Republic to be ‘socially cleaned’ in two days
- Seven easy steps to ethnic cleansing in the Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic stripped hundreds of thousands of Haitians of their citizenship, using army to round up the undocumented
- The Dominican Republic’s ‘ethnic purging’ through the mass deportation of Haitian families
- Dominican Republic threatens to deport Haitian families
- krxs10 on Tumblr’s massive breakdown post about the issue
- A quote from that same post:
… about a quarter of a million people will be made stateless.They will have no homes, no passports, and no civil rights. There are several reasons for this, but the primary reason is racism.
The Dominican Republic is ordering all Haitians & Haitian descendants born after 1929 to be deported to Haiti They call it #socialcleansing
— DaDismalDame 😦 (@Jhasielle_) June 17, 2015
— Talking Points Memo (@TPM) June 16, 2015
— Black Youth Project (@BlackYouthProj) June 17, 2015
Over 100,000 black Haitians could be rendered stateless tomorrow, that is crazy as fuck man. The UN has said it’s illegal though…
— ésco (@ashrouen) June 15, 2015
Black Lives Matters: Dominican Republic Orders All Haitians To Be Deported Because Of “Social Cleansing” http://t.co/zWsX1Xm4Du
— Bossip (@Bossip) June 16, 2015
The criteria the gov will use to decide who is to be bussed out of the country is “dark-skinned Dominicans with Haitian facial features.”
— zellie (@zellieimani) June 16, 2015