Here’s a very incomplete list of organizations to support not only during the last few days of Pride month but year round as well. Many focus on housing, provide resources, are drop in centers, offer legal services, and do many other things. Some organizations need financial support, others ask for safe places for individuals to crash for a short time, among many other things.
If you have the resources to help, I definitely recommend donating what you can to not just the organizations below but all that work on the many issues that continue to impact many. And if you don’t have the resources but need some help, I really hope one of these organizations can offer some support or at least a community.
In no particular order, they are:
- Transgender Housing Network (online)
- Trans Lifeline (phone)
- Casa Ruby (Washington, DC)
- Audre Lorde Project (Brooklyn, NYC, NY)
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project (New York City, NY)
- Sexual Minority Youth Resource Center (Portland, OR)
- Lamba Legal
- They have a list of resources by state for LGBTQ+ youth
- Also feel like adding that they do more than marriage stuff
- Southerns on New Ground (Atlanta, GA)
- The Trevor Project (Online, phone, texting)
- They also have a list of resources that you can search through by location and specifics.
- TGI Justice (San Francisco, CA)
- Gender Diversity
- El-La Para TransLatinas
- This is HOW
- Trans Student Educational Resources
- Trans Women of Color Collective