I want to start this by saying that I am not a sex worker in any sense of the term, nor have I ever been. Rather than trying (and definitely failing) to regurgitate what actual sex workers have said about the topic, I’m instead just going to list some resources and articles about the topic for people (myself included) to learn. Because we (as civilians and not sex workers) should be listening and amplifying the voices of those actually in the sex work industry.
- 10 things I wish everyone knew about sex workers – Phoenix Calida
- Let’s call sex work what it is: Work – Melissa Gira Grant
- Phoenix (neoliberalismkills on tumblr) has a long list of information and resources about sex work and whorephobia, including:
- Olive (rikodeine on tumblr) also has information and resources for learning about sex work, also including:
- Sex Work Info (on tumblr)
- How to be a *better* ally to sex workers
- We need to decriminalize sex work in the US – Victoria M. Rodriguez-Roldan
- International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers (which was yesterday December 17th btw)
- Sex Workers Outreach Project USA (SWOP USA)
- Post Whore America (Melissa Gira Grant)
**This is is no way a complete list but at the very least, a start for learning about sex work.